Transition Your Home to Spring!Posted by Tennyson Anseth April 9th, 2013
With six inches of snow on the horizon, only makes this the perfect time to get your home ready for warmer weather (sarcasm). Spring time means the birds are chirping, the days are getting longer, and of course, spring cleaning! Everybody is always anxious to shed their winter time routine and log some quality time outdoors. Before you can fully enjoy the season, make sure your home is in tip-top shape.
- Spring cleaning indoors and outdoors – Wash the windows, clean your window screens, tidy up the toys, clean out your closet, clean your gutters, trim your trees… the list could go on! Nothing makes your home feel fresher than being organized and deep cleaned.
- Add pops of color – In winter, it’s easy to fall into a rut of dark, cozy colors like blacks, browns, and grays. It’s time to brighten up! Add emerald green accent pillows or bright blue pottery. Adding color doesn’t have to be time consuming or expensive.
- Buy a plant – Fresh cut flowers are always lovely on your dining room table. Plus, indoor plants help cleanse the air from pollutants such as carbon monoxide, formaldehyde, and benzene.
- Prep your yard – Put your garden flags out. Find your local greenhouse and buy mulch, plants, or yard decorations. It’s never too early to start landscaping!
- Change your filters – Check your HVAC filter, clean your clothes dryer’s lint trap, and check to make sure your air conditioner, lawn mower, etc. is functioning properly.
These simple reminders will help keep your home running smoothly. We can already smell the fresh spring air. Now, roll up your sleeves and get to work!