How to Keep Your Carpets CleanPosted by Tennyson Anseth April 30th, 2013
Each season brings its own cleaning challenges, the winter and spring can be a wet, sloppy time. Summer and fall is perfect for tracking sand, dirt, and leaves into your home. Over its life, your carpet takes a lot of wear. To keep your carpet in good shape, follow a few simple reminders to maintain your home’s flooring.
- Use a doormat. Wiping your feet before entering your home will help reduce the amount of dirt tracked in.
- Remove your shoes. Have your family and friends remove their shoes when they come into your home. Our shoes collect a lot of dirt and germs throughout the day, so try to leave your footwear in the garage or in the entry.
- Vacuum regularly. Kids, pets, and foot traffic wear a carpet quickly. It seems like a chore, but it is a simply step that should be completed daily to keep dirt and pet hair to a minimum.
- Clean spills quickly and appropriately. Generally, you want to blot stains – not rub them. Great knowledge is learning how to treat a multitude of stains and having a stain cleaner on hand. The longer you wait to clean a stain, the harder it will be to remove.
- Call a professional. Getting your carpet cleaned and deodorized once or twice a year will help carpets looking clean and smelling fresh.
Life gets busy, but taking simple measures to keep our home clean and maintained is always worth it!