Does Spring mean Emerald Green?March 27th, 2013
While driving to work today, you probably noticed that the snow is finally starting to melt, revealing a glisten of green. Which made us think of the 2013 Color of the Year!
You’ve probably heard Pantone’s 2013 Color of the Year is emerald green. Pantone describes emerald as “Lively. Radiant. Lush… A color of elegance and beauty that enhances our sense of well-being, balance and harmony.” In honor of this year’s hottest hue and the fact that the snow is finally melting, we’ve brought together a list of ways to incorporate emerald in your home.
- Kitchen & Dining Room. Vases, plates, mugs, and napkins are simple ways to add pops of color to your kitchen and dining room.
- Living Room. Accent pillows, a fresh new rug, or colorful curtains will restore life to neutral living spaces.
- Bedroom. Similar to the living room, new accent pillows or bedding will spice up your bedrooms. Your closet is another easy way to incorporate emerald; just add a bright ring, scarf, or sweater and you’re ready to go!
- Bathroom. New emerald green towels or wash cloths will add the spice your bathroom needs!
- Office or study. If you feel like tackling a weekend project, paint an accent wall emerald green for an instantly energizing room. Not feeling this adventurous? Pick up an emerald green note pad or office supplies.
Past colors of the year include Chili Pepper, Blue Iris, Mimosa, Turquoise, Honeysuckle, and Tangerine Tango. What do you think of this year’s color?